Posted in Job-Posting
The Edwards Lab in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular & Cellular Biology and the Clinical and Translational Glycoscience Research Center (CTGRC) at Georgetown University Medical Center invites applications for an entry-level Bioinformatics Programmer opportunity position in a highly collaborative environment to work on glycoinformatics and glycoproteomics projects for a NIH funded glycoscience portal and the CTGRC.
The ideal candidate has experience in glycoinformatics; mass-spectrometry, proteomics, and glycoproteomics data analysis; semantic web technologies and ontologies; bioinformatics portals and data resources; and computer algorithms and data-structures for graphs and trees.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Programming in support of glycoinformatics and glycoproteomics projects.
- Participation in project planning and management activities.
- Documentation and/or presentations on glycoinformatics and glycoproteomics projects.
- Participation in manuscript preparation.
- Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated experience on research bioinformatics and/or computational biology projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in research bioinformatics and/or computational biology contexts and ability to show evidence of this experience in publicly visible projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High motivation and ability to work independently